Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Beauty of Marmoleum


I LOVE this product!! One of the great perks that comes with home ownership is the ability to customize one's home. As a 15+ year property owner/investor, I've had the chance to try out a few flooring products.

Marmoleum hands down is my favorite for easy clean up, durability, and scratch resistance. It's held up extremely well to a busy household which includes 2 dogs and 2 cats. There is one scratch in the surface and that was caused by me being clumsy with a cabinet one hour post-installation (uuughhh!!). Otherwise, it's been scratch free for 18 months.

Not only is the scratch resistance impressive, but Marmoleum is really comfortable to stand on for long periods of time
(for those serious chefs!) since there is a layer of cork under each tile . This product is also an easy install for the do-it-yourselfer (I installed it myself with a few basic tools). Lastly, you can't beat the reasonable price (~$4.50-5.50sf), the great colors and it's environmentally friendly to boot!

Give it a try for your next project-you won't be disappointed!

No comments: